Saturday, June 20, 2009

Silly Girl!!

So here are some pictures of Emily with the adorable bows her aunt (Trent's brother's wife made....she has a blog for them http://iheartbowz.blogspot.com)!! Life has been crazy lately. Emily is growing so fast as well as Ethan. We were all sick last week and ended up at the doctors. Ethan is already over 14 lbs....he is growing so fast!! Emily is becoming quite the little mom. The other day Ethan woke up, but I was in the middle of something and wanted to finish before getting him. He was crying of course and Emily was very concerned about this. She kept telling me that he was sad (she actually kinda says it, but mostly signs it). I was like I know, I am hurrying so I can go get him. She then responded "it's kay mom, I go get him". I laughed so hard (thankfully he was in our bedroom and the door was shut so she couldn't get him)!
She is getting excited about not having to wear a diaper. Well sort of...she sits on her potty almost everyday, but has yet to "go" in it. One day it will happen!!! The other day we were in the car headed for my parents house. Ethan isn't a big fan of cars and usually cries. This trip was no different. We were just about to my parents road when I heard Emily say "its kay Ethan, we are goin to Grandma's". She then paused (I am assuming she was waiting for him to stop crying which he didn't) and then followed it by saying "kay baby Ethan". Oh the cuteness of kids.

She also is LOVING copying almost everything we say. I never realized how much she really pays attention to me (although she doesn't show it). She nows tries to take Ethan from me when I am holding him. The scary thing is she can actually pick him up (but I don't think it would last for long)...gotta keep him in my sight at all times!! Ethan is doing much better now. It is so nice to not have him crying all the time!! He is sleeping much better at night too (but now that I said this he will probably start waking up every three to four hours like he was). You always hear how different each child is. I am amazed at exactly how different they are...I guess it is a good thing though. (Sorry this was so scattered, but that is what's been happening around here lately.)

1 comment:

NaDell said...

I love the great thoughts and things Emily says. It reminds me of when my girls were smaller. Kids are cute and (mostly) fun.
Have you tried getting her to sing him a song to be happy? Elizabeth used to sing "Twinkle Twinkle" to Olivia to get her to calm down.
Just one idea. At least then they will both be busy and she won't cry too.