Today Trent put Emily down for her nap before going to work (which is what usually happens). Emily woke up about 45 minutes later screaming for daddy (which also seems to be happening a lot lately). I was hoping she would go back to sleep, but realized my wish was only a wish so I went in to try and hold her until she fell back asleep. When I got in there she didn't want me to hold her (she was just asking for daddy). I was sitting on a rocker we have in the room and she was standing between me and the her bed when she asked for daddy again. I told her daddy was at work. She replied by saying "come home later". I said "yes, he will come home later". She backed up to her bed, sat on the edge of it and said "waiting". I replied you can wait, but it will be a while. She then said "its kay...I wait". I then told her she needed to take a nap, then we would eat dinner, and then she would go to sleep at night and then daddy would FINALLY get home. She just sat there (fussed a little) and said "waiting". It was really cute. She didn't wait long as I finally got up to leave (and get Ethan who woke up by this point), but what patience she had to "wait" for daddy!! I think she needs to wear off on me a little.
She has also discovered the word "cute". We drove by some horses the other day and I said Emily look at those pretty horses. She replied, "No mom...cute horses"!!!
Today she also pulled out about 20 movies (one at a time) and said mom, cute to each one. (I am about ready to move all the movies to where she can't touch them)!!
I just love my little Emily (and my little Ethan too)
2 comments:
Here is the difference between boys and girls- We had to move the movies a year ago! Emily sounds like a bundle of fun though!
We actually had to move most of the movies a LONG time ago...we just have two shelves that she can reach (and we had it so she couldn't get the movies out, but she just outsmarted us...for the last time because we are going to move them again)
Post a Comment