Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Camping

What a cutie. It was pretty warm during the day and the fans (battery opperated) just didn't cut it all the time. It was easier to take clothes off too!!
Can I have a cookie? Please!!!

Emily and Uncle Alden....I think this is so cute.
Daddy and Emily after tubing. It was the longest nap she took during the whole time we were camping.
Enjoying the 10 minutes when Emily was actually awake. This is what they call "the hospital boat"...hence why Emily was in it. Trent's dad actually is usually in charge of this, but Emily didn't really enjoy the rapids much and just wanted daddy (hence daddy taking over).

Walking from camp to the river for tubing. It wasn't very far at all from camp (we picked them up at the end of their journey).

Emily ready to go tubing. She really didn't enjoy it to much (from what I hear)!!

Chillin' in the water with Uncle Alden. Trent and Alden created a little "wading pool" for Emily...they were testing out the tube.

Daddy and Emily...waiting to get in the water for the first time (well, Emily's first time)

The first night...Emily didn't want to go to sleep. It was 11ish and Trent was trying to get her to sleep in our "bed", she had other plans.

The three of us still trying to get Emily to sleep (and Ethan too). We finally got them both to sleep...only to have a camper come to the site with a loud truck and bright lights....they shined into our tent for quite some time while trying to get their camper parked (that is okay, I really don't need sleep anyway, right!?!?!)

Before Emily found the opening to the sleeping bag (maybe we weren't trying hard enough to get her to sleep?!?)
Sunset the first night we were there!!
I decided to save all the boring info for the end so you don't have to read it, but for the 4th we went camping on the north fork of the John Day River. It was way way better than I expected. I was afraid Ethan would be crying the whole time and Emily would be bored and therefore getting into everything!! Thankfully it wasn't like that at all. Emily had so much fun she hardly slept and Ethan pretty much kept to his regualar schedule (although I did hold him for quite a few naps...some of that was the heat and it was easier to keep holding him with a fan on him, then lay him in a hot tent with a few fans!). We went on Thursday and returned home Saturday. We really enjoyed ourselves and the beauty of the outdoors. The bugs weren't bad, but we did have to take care of a rattlesnake. Thankfully Trent saw it before it came close to anyone. Trent's parents, two of his sisters, one brother, one niece and one "friend" (future sister-in-law) all came too. Most of them went tubing a few times. I have been tubing before and am not to fond of it, so I just stayed at camp with Ethan. It was nice to get away from everything, but it was awesome to return home and shower and have running water!!!

2 comments:

Milton and Christen Crowther and Family said...

Your kids are so cute. Glad you had a fun time camping. My kids are excited for us to go camping.

Tina Crowther said...

I'm glad to hear camping was fun. We missed seeing you though. We're going camping tonight, we'll see how it goes.