Saturday, February 21, 2009

Giving up the binkie...

Friday Emily and I took my mom to Tri Cities to the airport (she is in Vegas right now with her family). On the way home, Emily threw her binkie somewhere in my parents van and I can't find it anywhere. This was her last one. We have been slowly taking it away more and more. She usually just gets it for naps and nighttime. After not being able to find it anywhere...I decided what better time than to just give it up. She hardly cried last night when I laid her down (she did ask for it though). Her nap today wasn't that great. She cried for a little while before finally falling asleep, but the nap didn't last long (although she messed her pants shortly after that so I think that is what her problem was). I am hoping this will make it easier when the little boy comes so she doesn't steal/want his binkie or her binkie when he has his. It has actually been kind of nice because she calls her binkie "baby". I think she got that when we said only babies get binkies. But now when she says baby...meaning binkie...we just say oh there are no babies in here...over there....etc. Hopefully this works and I will be so excited....

2 comments:

NaDell said...

Good work getting rid of the binky!
I hope she doesn't want the baby's binky. Good luck with no binky at church tomorrow. That was the hardest part of taking Olivia's away, so I took them all Sunday right after church so that we'd have all week to figure out how to keep her quiet in church. She didn't go back with Vincent, but he came a year after we took hers.
Are you having a baby shower? I wanna come!

jemmettclan said...

I am very scared for church tomorrow. It would be better, but we have church right during her usual nap time...that just adds to the complication. We didn't plan the timing very well, but hopefully it all works out. I am not going to have a baby shower (at least right now). We pretty much already have everything and don't really need anything else (we almost have more than I have room for)...If I end up having one, I will let you know.