When we sit down to eat food...anywhere...Emily always folds her arms for prayer. She has done this mostly on her own (and they don't always stay folded for very long) and it is really nice because it has reminded me to have prayer too. She has also taken to "getting mad" when someone isn't folding her arms (referring to above...she doesn't keep hers folded all the time either). Her Uncle Alden is her main target as he is here most of the time when we have dinner prayer. Most of the time he isn't paying attention to the fact that Emily and I (Trent is usually at work) are going to have prayer and so she lets him know to fold his arms. It isn't just a little Uncle Alden...fold your arms....It is more like a scream/yell/almost even a "chewout"/curse him for not folding his arms. So the other day we went to jack in the Box while up in Tri Cities. We sat down and were waiting for our food. In order to keep Emily distracted while waiting, we were going to have a prayer. Emily folded her arms and then looked at the couple sitting at the closest table and began her "scream/yell/almost even a "chewout"/curse at them. Trent and I were like..oh no...this isn't good. Then the couple started saying things like...oh isn't she so cute, she is saying hi to us..etc...!! Trent and I were dying of laughter on the inside as we knew she was really cursing them for not folding their arms for the prayer. Maybe you had to be there (or at least be yelled at once) to find this humorus, but Trent and I thought it was hilarious. I guess children really do teach us many things.
2 comments:
You go Emily! What a good girl! Zoey, however, loves to fold her arms and pray and sneak food while we say the prayer-she does it every time!
That is hilarious!! I can just see her scowling while she yells. They sure like to be bossy eh?
Post a Comment