Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Day

Christmas Eve we went to my parents and had read the Christmas story with my family. Emily and her cousin LOVED blowing out the candles after it was over (and coaxed grandma into lighting them again and again so they could continue to blow them out). Then we went home to go to bed. Emily actually opened her presents from Trent and I on Christmas Eve before we went to my parents. We decided that way she could play with them at home for a little while before leaving (she got a few toys with lots and lots of pieces and we didn't want to have to find all of them at one of our parents houses and we also figured if she opened them Christmas morning only to leave, she wouldn't be very happy.)
Christmas morning we went to my parents house to open presents. Emily opened up the first one she was given...and then proceeded to open up other people's presents even though she had a pile next to me! She loved her gifts especially the puzzles from uncle Jacob, the books from her grandparents (and greatgrandparents) and the bed from her aunt Dee. We then went to Trents parents and opened up the presents there. She helped hand the presents to grandpa who then gave it to whoever it was for. Emily was ready for a nap before we even went to Trents parents (that is what we get for waking her up!) but when she got a little over excited about her bed, and when bouncing, hit her head, it was nap time.
We spent some time at home before going back to Trent's parents for lunch. Then we headed to my parents again for some time to play with the Christmas presents and the cousins.
I am horibble and didn't take any pictures...I thought I had forgotten my camera and then realized I had it, but had no batteries. Beside that...I had a horrible cold and really didn't want to be doing anything (but sleeping) any ways!!
I am feeling much better now...although Emily seems to have come down with it now...oh well!!!
Hope you all had a great Christmas!!!!

1 comment:

The Four J's said...

Hey Melissa!!! I'm glad you made one of these!!! It's so much easier to keep up with everyone!! How are you feeling? When's your little one due? Take care.