Thursday, December 11, 2008

Recipies?

So, I jsut finished cooking dinner and I have decided that we need a variety to what we eat. I feel like I have like 5 or 6 meals that I rotate between. I am wondering if any of you have some ideas for meals your family likes (or doesn't really like) that we could give a try!!

7 comments:

JK said...

Here is our meal planning list: tator tot cassarol, spaghetti, rotating chicken, roast, ham with combinations of rice, pasta, and potatoes (nine different meals!) I love crock pot stuff, J's favorite casserole w/noodles, cheese hamburger, and tomato soup poured over it. Breakfast (eggs, french toast, pancakes, hasbrowns, sausages) usually two or three of the five. Grilled cheese, macaroni, and chicken nuggets and fries are our fast default meals. we also keep some frozen pizzas and lasagnas on hand. That is the majority of our families palette. I know a really great chicken pot pie recipe and chicken enchilada recipe that I make once in awhile.

if anything sounds good give me a jingle or I can email you some recipies. I've found mealplanning is easier if you have a list of a bunch of meals you like and pick out things ou haven't had in awhile. then if you think of something new you just add it to the list. I kept mine on the fridge for a loooong time, but now I need to make a new one. :P

Hope that helps!

NaDell said...

Easy Party Lasagna (NaDell Ransom)

Ingredients:
2 cans (10 ¾ oz.) Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
(may substitute Cream of Celery or Mushroom)
2 ½ cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
¼ cup Milk
1 lb. Ground Beef
1 can (10 ¾ oz.) Campbell’s Condensed Tomato Soup or Spaghetti Sauce
1 cup Water
10 dry lasagna noodles

Instructions:
Mix Chicken Soup, Mozzarella Cheese, and Milk. Set aside. Cook Beef until browned. Pour off fat. Stir in Tomato Soup and water. Heat thorough. Add Italian spices as you wish. Spoon half the Meat Mixture into a 9x13 pan. Top with 5 dry Lasagna Noodles and Chicken Soup Mixture. Top with the remaining 5 Dry Lasagna Noodles and the remaining meat mixture. Add more cheese, olives, etc. if desired. Bake at 400° F covered for 30 minutes, or until it starts to bubble up a little. Let stand 10 minutes to set up. Eat and enjoy!!!

NaDell said...

Porcupine Meatballs (NaDell Ransom)

Ingredients:
1 pound Lean Ground Beef
1/3 cup Uncooked Rice
¼ cup Chopped Onion
¼ cup Water
1 tsp Salt
Dash Pepper
1 can (10 ½ oz) Condensed Tomato Soup
½ tsp Chili Powder
½ cup Water

Instructions:
Combine beef, rice, onion, water, salt, and pepper. Shape into balls. Blend soup and chili powder. Stir in ½ cup water. Bring to a boil and add meatballs. Cover and simmer gently for one hour, stirring occasionally. Cook until thoroughly cooked.

NaDell said...

Country Pie (Kraft Foods Magazine)

Ingredients:
1 pound Ground Hamburger, cooked and drained
1 jar (14 oz) Spagetti Sauce, divided
1 1/2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
6 oz Velvetta Cheese, Cut up, or Kraft Singles

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350°. Combine meat and half of spaghetti sauce. Spread evenly into greased deep 9” pie dish. Mix remaining sauce with rice. Spoon over meat. Sprinkle with Velvetta. Cover with foil. Bake 15 minutes. Remove foil. Continue baking uncovered for 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into pieces to serve.

NaDell said...

Cavatini (NaDell Ransom)

Ingredients:
1 pound Ground Hamburger
1/2 teaspoon Dried Onion, Optional
1 bag assorted Noodles (3 different shapes)
4 cups Ragu Spaghetti Sauce
1/2-1 Chopped Green Pepper
1 package (20-30 pieces) Pepperoni
1 small can Sliced Olives
1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350°. Brown hamburger and add dried onion, if desired. While hamburger is cooking, boil noodles until just tender. Drain fat off hamburger. In a large bowl, mix hamburger with spaghetti sauce and green pepper. Stir in cooked pasta. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place noodles in dish. Top with pepperoni, olives, and cheese. Bake for 30-40 minutes.

NaDell said...

Easy Taco Soup (Susan Merkley)

Ingredients:
1 pound Hamburger
1 can Corn
1 can Kidney Beans
1 can (14 oz.) Tomato Sauce
1 can Diced Tomatoes
1 packet Taco Seasoning
1 can Diced Green Chiles

Instructions:
Cook hamburger thoroughly. Drain. Put all ingredients in crockpot. Cook 4-6 hours on High. Serve with tortillia chips, grated cheddar cheese, sour cream, and olives.

NaDell said...

All right, I think that's all for now. Hope that helps.
NaDell
PS. Even if one night I work hard on a meal, Elizabeth, Olivia, and Andy will all just gobble up Hamburger Helper the next night and it takes almost no work at all. Nice.